Wednesday, March 4, 2015

This week was something else.

For one thing, it was cold and rainy and we didn't have the car.  This week was also weird because Monday was Pday (so obvs we didn't do any missionary work until 6 pm) but then, on Tuesday, we were all the way in Gulfport ALL DAY so we didn't do any missionary work until like 6 pm again! 

In Gulfport, we had district meeting in the morning and then ate lunch at Sam's Club and then went to the library.  I got some mormon.org time!  I also talked to the lady who was sitting next to me at the computers. That was fun.  I watched a Mormon Message that we had shown for FHE the night before: "Scriptures Legacy."  It's like 20 minutes long and SO GOOD.  It's all about the importance of the scriptures.  I think there's a second one coming out or something.  I have no idea.  But this one is good!  Look it up.  It's exciting!

On Tuesday afternoon, we had interviews with the mission president, which were good, although I was literally the last person interviewed all day!

And then Wednesday.  OH Wednesday.  On Wednesday morning it was POOURING rain and was super loud while we were studying and then it rained pretty much all day and it was COLD.
  
On Thursday, while we were out tracting, a man answered his door and was like, "Isn't this interesting?!" And we were like, “Whaaaat?”  But we went in and sat down and boy did he talk.  He does not believe in God.  He has researched like every religion (including ours!) and has decided that everything comes down to what you put your mind to.  “Are you thanking God because you got a job?  YOU were the one in the interview!”  That was his whole perspective on life.  He also contradicted himself a few times in some other things he said...haha.  Well, he was polite enough.  He wasn't rude or anything to us, but he made it VERY clear he does not believe what we believe and that he doesn't WANT to believe what we believe because he is right and we are “young naive people.”

It was AWESOME.  Haha it really was.  I really liked talking to him.  I'm not sure why I enjoyed talking with him so much, but I did!  All I said what like "Hey, this is what we believe.  You don't have to believe it.  As missionaries, we'd like to invite you to act on things but, yeah!  No one CAN tell you what to do!  This is just what we believe!"  I REALLY liked talking to him.  I like tracting! Weird. 

Also this week, we had EXCHANGES with the STLs!  (Note:  Sister Training Leaders go on exchanges with the other sister missionaries in their zone.)  And I stayed here!  AH! A Sister Training Leader came from Diamondhead and we just had a grand ole time.  It was rough Friday night because literally all of our appointments canceled (EVERYONE has been cancelling on us all week) so I was frazzled but we ended up doing service instead. J  And, on Saturday, only ONE appointment canceled and she texted us way ahead of time!  #blessings  I was so nervous to be the one in charge!  But our day went sooo well.  My companion and I had planned out Saturday like way back on Thursday so I would know what to do and she even left her GPS for me so the STL and I wouldn't get lost (we got lost anyways but the GPS helped us get back on track. J)  My companion and I (unintentionally) planned a day full of teaching people I HAVEN'T MET YET.  But it went really well.  And a lady that we visited came to church yesterday! 

Last week we biked sooo much and up sooo many hills.  I'm gonna die in the humidity this summer. I've heard that winters are colder and summers are hotter here on the Gulf coast (because the humidity is worse here) so yay.  Haha  I hope I stay here for a long time, though!  I want to know what it's like to really know an area before I get switched to a new one!   But maybe I'm doing okay because my companion told me that brand new sisters don't typically stay in their own area for their first exchange! So, nice. 

Love,
Sister Nash

This little dog wanted some attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment