Sunday, March 29, 2015

Hellooooo!

I'm emailing you from good ol’ Gulfport! (pronounced Guffport

Yesterday was our Pre-Transfer Day of Service, so today is transfer day and Pday.  We brought the elders we share a car with to the stake center here in Gulfport, because one of them is going to a new area and we will get a new Elder from the transfer vans later this afternoon.  So we're in Gulfport until then!

Transfers aren't really a big deal for me today because my companion and I are staying right where we are.  The next transfer will be scary!  My companion will go home and I'll get a new companion!! 

But I'm doing well!  I'm excited to be on my SECOND transfer!  I hear from literally everyone that the days start to fly by after a while and I'm excited for that!  Things are going well even if there are some rough patches here and there. 

We spent most of this week following up with the SEVEN investigators that we found last week!  Now we need to start finding again!  We are busy!

During Relief Society we do a Missionary Minute, where my companion or I share a miracle from the week.  My companion usually plays the piano so I normally share it.  Most of what I say comes from something I thought of like 2 minutes previous and it’s usually about a tracting experience (I still love tracting although I feel I can get so much better at it!).  It's fun to see that we really do have miracles!

One I shared the other week was that a lady invited us in almost as soon as she opened the door! She told us that she only did because I waved at her through the glass door as she walked up to it to open it.  I literally never do that.  She told us as we went back that she isn't interested (she prayed all week to know how to tell us without hurting our feelings!) but she repeated again that she only opened the door because I waved!  Miracles I tell you!  Milagras, as Hermana Nash would say ;) 

We rented the Meet the Mormons DVD from the mission office and are having a MOVIE night before it comes out on DVD!  We have told EVERYONE about this and challenged the youth to bring friends!  We are hoping for a lot of referrals and a lot of people there!!  
Recognize the handwriting?  We hung this up in the church!
The highlight of the week???  I went to my first CRAWFISH BOIL!!!  It was fun!!  There was a ton of crawfish and shrimp and fish!  I ate crawfish.  


The crawfish in this picture are fully cooked!  That's how they're served!!  You gotta twist off the front half and peel the shell off the back half and then eat the meat!  Or suck the head.  
I did NOT do that!  But it was good!!  I like it better than I liked lobster!  The fried shrimp was good too, but what isn't good fried? :)

Love,

Sister Nash

PS -  I'm getting excited for Conference!!! 
That southern sunrise!

Just some swamp.  Bayous are everrrrrrywhere!
Sorry I'm not sorry I send you so many pictures of the Biloxi beach.
This is driving a
long Beach Blvd to district meeting in Biloxi!
      AN ALBINO PITBULL PUPPY!!!!  
She is so cute!!  Her name is Coco la Rue.
This is me and Boudreax.  
He is the most people person dog I have ever seen in my entire life. 









Me and a chick.

 For a service project, my companion volunteered to wash a therapy dog!  And wash the dog we did.  His name is Bronco and he was actually pretty good for us as we washed him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment