Sunday, July 12, 2015

Oldest car in the mission to the....

NEWEST CAR IN THE MISSION. Fo reals. 

But I'll start with the rest of the week. :) 

Monday was a super chill pday.  A sister in the ward took us not only to Walmart but to a Chinese buffet for lunch!   It was super nice of her :) Then we did a small service project for a family in the ward.

On Tuesday we were visiting a member and I was explaining the piano teacher analogy from THIS TALK.  The sister was like "well that was mean. What if the kid didn't want piano lessons?" OH it was so funny.  I guess I thought it was so funny because I didn't especially want piano lessons as a kid... ;)  Sidenote: I am very grateful I know how to play the piano though! SO useful. :)

As we were talking with her, it started POURING rain. Well. We had ridden our bikes to her house (she doesn't live that far away from us), so we just biked home! In the rain. Nothing like being a little wet... or being a lot wet. I really like biking though :) just not so much in a skirt... My ONE single mission aspiration is to be in an area with a full-time car. I don't aspire to be an STL or to train... let that happen as it may.. I just want a CAR! One day. One day. :)

Back at our apartment, we changed into dry clothes and went out tracting and then made it back in time to get picked up for our next appointment.  We taught the restoration and our investigator had a LOT of questions about prophets that were really good to talk about. The more we teach the Restoration (which is kinda a lot) the more it really does make sense! Yeah we have a prophet now because God works in the same way and He gave the people prophets THEN. It just makes sense.

Wednesday we had zone development meeting, which is just like district meeting but with our whole zone.   We have a mini zone conference tomorrow and I'm excited to meet our new mission president! And yes I'll be playing the piano. Haha

On Wednesday afternoon we had another lesson with a part-member family and we got the idea to have the mother teach the lesson instead of us!   We told her that her kids listen to her way more than to us. And she did a GREAT lesson on scripture study!! It was really so good. I just sat there and grinned like a fool the whole time. I was so happy. AND they committed to read their scriptures together as a family every single night. Teaching the gospel in the family is really what makes a difference. I'm excited for the progress that she is making with her kids.  :) 

On Friday, we were driving around trying to contact former investigators when we got a call from the vehicle coordinator... "sisters we have a new car for you and we're going to bring it tomorrow!" YESSS. But, unfortunately, that meant that we had to get our old car all gussied up. So we spent a good chunk of the afternoon washing and vacuuming it.

Then we tracted for 2 hours! It was fun. Miserable, but fun. At one point, an older couple invited us in. They offered us juice and I tried a tactic that my district leader mentioned:  if you accept a drink, then you stay longer! Yeah it didn't really work. haha The husband had invited us in and then the wife came and chatted for like 4 minutes and then was like "Thanks for coming but I'm going to have to ask you leave now." So then I had to chug my cranberry juice. hahaha 

We did find a new investigator though!!  We book marked a chapter for her to read before we come back next week and she was like "oh I'm definitely going to be reading this!!" Sweet.

Saturday was the Fourth of July!



Our ward had a pancake breakfast and you betcha that I ate a ton of pancakes. Yuuuum. The pancake breakfast was only like an hour and then we went home and did companion study while we waited for the NEW CAR!   It is a 2015 Toyota Corolla and it is TINY.  We literally don't fit. I scooted the chair back as far as it can go and moved the wheel up as high as it can go and I still hit my knees when I try to turn the wheel. But it's cool because we can hook our phone up to it!! And, even though we got the AC fixed on our last car, the AC on this one is far superior. :) So that's fun! 

On Saturday afternoon, we had an appointment and it POURED rain the whole time! It started after we got there and stopped by the time we were going to leave! :) perfecto. Little things, I tell ya. Little things.

On Sunday, a member of another ward flagged me down after sacrament meeting. "Sister Nash! Sister Nash!!" I was like "who is this guy?" Well I went over to talk to him and guess what! His dad is in the Kansas ward where MY FAMILY HAPPENED TO BE THAT DAY!!!! His dad texted him and told him to find me and tell me that y’all say hi!!!! Whhhhhhaaaaaaat! That was pretty great :) The world is so small. 

Oh also. It POURED rain all Sunday! We could hear the thunder rumble ALL throughout church. It was awesome :) 

Then after church, we had a lesson with one of our new investigators and we taught her the Restoration!  Oh my goodness.  As we shared the First Vision, her eyes got REALLY big as I held up the picture of it in the pamphlet! She gasped and was like "I see two people!!" Oh it was great. We challenged her to pray about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration and she was like "oh honey I already believe it!! Who am I to say that God didn't talk to him?" It was amazing!! My companion and I didn't really know what to say! What! It was great! I love sharing the first vision with people :) 

Then we had dinner with a member family and tracted in the rain to round out our week :) 

A church sign for y’all:
"In spite of inflation, the wages of sin remain unchanged!"  Yay!

Love,

Sister Nash

Just tracting in the country...
We walked all the way down this lane to a house with a lady who wasn't at all interested. 
But hey her super long country driveway was picturesque :)
Just chillin with Aslan.

Oh yeah...By the way I live in paradise
 
Just a giant lake in front of someone's house.
Tracting adventures!


No comments:

Post a Comment