Thursday, July 16, 2015

A New Mission President!

Week of July 6 -13

This week started with a BANG! We emailed and then went to Dino's Gifts, a really touristy beachy place. It was awesome. Then we went bowling with our district and it was fun!!!  I didn't get the highest score, but I did get the SECOND highest score and that's what matters :) I've never bowled in a skirt before. I think I looked dumb but I don't have any pictures to prove it. 

On Monday evening we had a return appointment set up with our investigator.   Yay! We taught her The Gospel of Jesus Christ (the 3rd lesson) and committed her AGAIN to baptism. She says that she's still not ready. BUT SHE IS. She's so great though. She just needs to recognize that she IS ready!!

Then Tuesday was the day we met our new Mission President and his wife!!   It was a mini zone conference for just like 2 hours. I was playing the piano and played prelude until it started. But, when it started, they said that President and Sister Olson wanted to meet everyone! So I played the piano while everyone lined up like a receiving line at a reception and shook hands with/hugged President and shook hands with/hugged Sister Olson.   I went last and my zone leader was going to play the piano while I met them, but then he chickened out/didn't want to so when I met them I was dead last and it was completely silent. Cool. But they're nice!

On Tuesday night we taught a part-member family again!  The mom texted us and asked, "When are y’all coming back again?" UM whenever you want!!!   The father and son had each read the introduction to the Book of Mormon THREE times until they understood it!! I've never had anyone be that earnest in assignments!! We taught them the plan of salvation and it turned out awesome!!  Oh, I'm so excited for this family. 

Wednesday was rough because we had to give the car back to the elders.  :(  We biked around to a few potentials and less actives and then got home in time for EXCHANGES!  Woo! I went to Diamondhead with one of the STLs (Sister Training Leaders).   It was so good. I've heard that elders love exchanges but sisters hate them but I really love exchanges!

Friday we weekly planned and then a member took us to lunch at Newks! Newks is like a Zupas and it was sooooo good! Then we taught a lesson at the church.

President Olson told us that there is a HUGE batch of new missionaries coming next transfer, over 30. So a lot of missionaries will need to train. We'll see what happens. Transfers are still 2 weeks away! 

Friday evening we had a return appointment with a lady that we met tracting and we arranged for a sister in the ward to go with us!  It went really well!   Then, this morning she called us and said that she had run into a less active member who lives on the exact same road that were on.  She was like "wasn't that the same street we went to on Friday? I felt that I should call and tell you about her!"  I love seeing that Heavenly Father has a bigger plan for things than we could possibly see. 

Then Friday night we tracted. 

On Saturday we helped with the Bishop's storehouse which I LOVE.   Food is delivered to the church so we set it up in the gym and then it's just like organized shopping.  

Church yesterday was AWESOME. Like awesome beyond all sorts of awesomeness awesome.   Our investigator came with all 3 of her kids!!!!! We sat in the back on the first row of chairs with them and it was awesome.   The kids were SOOOO good.  I kept them well supplied with stickers all during Sacrament Meeting and then they left for Primary :) They LOVED Primary. LOOOOOVED it.  During the gospel principles class, our investigator made some comment on how the Book of Mormon and Bible support each so well. You testify of that Book of Mormon!!!! After church, her girls asked when they could come back and she said that she'll keep praying about a baptism date. She is so ready.   And I have never enjoyed church more than sitting next to those kids and putting Jesus stickers on their hands. I was so happy! :) 

On Sunday afternoon, we tracted for 2.5 hours and most people literally slammed the door in our faces. I've never really had that. In “the hospitality state,” most people say things like "no honey, I have a religion. Have a blessed day" SLAM.  But yesterday people just opened the door, looked at us and slammed it. We have no plans to return to that neighborhood. 

No new exciting church signs, but the self-storage place changed their signs:

            "The path with no resistance leads nowhere."

"If plan A fails, there are 25 more letters to work with." 

OH! And all week, I've wanted to come here to the library to look up the myplan.lds.org thing I saw at the back of this month's Ensign!! I just looked it up!! I'm sooooo excited to see what it is! Go look it up! I've missed the first part of it, but I can do the last 7!

In 2 weeks, I'll have been a missionary for 6 months. Isn't that crazy? I hope time keeps flying! 

Love,

Sister Nash


No comments:

Post a Comment