Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week of May 5 - 11

Taking over an area is haaarrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddddd.  I don't like it but it's been going okay.  My new companion took over her last area after just one transfer and the thought of that makes me want to explode with stress.  I just hate that - for at least these first few weeks - I have to be the one who comes up with all the plans :(

But it's been going okay!  President told me in my last interview, "Sister Nash.  It's the Lord's work.  It's not yours." Which was pretty blunt but helpful.  It's not my work to do!  God can do what He needs done.  I don't need to worry about it because He'll get it done and I get to help.  Which is a good perspective.  I compared my planning abilities and ride coordinating to how my trainer did it, which was very unrealistic because she did this for SIGNIFICANTLY longer than I have!  But it really has been going fine!  We have been trying our best!  That perspective helped me the most and helped me not worry every minute of every day what we're going to do next.

So what did we do?? :)

OH!  After district meeting, we biked to an appointment we had set up like A WEEK ago and she wasn't there.  That was sad and, as we biked to our backup (in the same neighborhood), I thought of stopping in at a member's house.  Her house is on the street we were on and she had told us of a few new move-ins on her street that she thought we could visit.  So I thought it was a great chance to stop by and learn where exactly these new move-ins were!   Well.  She was sick.  I forgot that she had been sick.  Oops.  And, as soon as we came in, her phone rang.  BUT, while she was on the phone, we noticed that her little puppy got her nail stuck in a blanket!  She was squirming everywhere and couldn't get out!  Well, we figured out that her nail was split which made it REALLY caught in the blanket!  So the sister got us clippers and we freed her little puppy!  I realized after that it was DIVINE that we stopped in because the puppy got stuck RIGHT as we came and the sister couldn't have held her squirming chihuahua and cut her nail to free her.  THE SPIRIT.  That was awesome.  I finally feel like I know enough about people and the area that I can be lead by the Spirit to be useful in situations like this.  :)  AWESOME.

The rest of Wednesday was a little lame. haha  We tracted A LOT because everyone cancelled and we were just on bikes. But hey! That's cool too! We got a new ward roster to update ‘cause ours was super old. 

We were so busy on Thursday!  We biked sooo much.  We have such a huge area and our apartment isn't in a neighborhood or super close by to anyone we teach.  Good thing I LOVE biking!  And I have an awesome bike so it's not miserable anymore.  

We tracted and found a family sitting out on their porch.  Well, we just sat down on their porch and got to know them!  They are related to 2 very active families in our ward!!  I don't know how interested they actually are, but we shared a scripture and left them with a Book of Mormon.  It was cool to see that members are making a difference in missionary work without even coming to lessons!  They are just living their lives, setting impressive examples!  That was fun!

Then we went and taught a couple about the Restoration!  Anddddd committed them to baptism!!  I had a thought. What if I have a baptism every transfer of my mission??  So far it's looking pretty good! ;) 

After our dinner appointment that night, the sister went out with us.  She wanted to go to see a less active sister that I've never met before.  And, it really was divine that we went because the sister was outside doing yard work when we pulled up.  She doesn't like opening the door so it was awesome that she was already outside!  And she came to church yesterday.  So happy.  She is so great and I'm SO glad that we went and saw her.

Sunday was AWESOME!  I really enjoyed church!  I love that I know people here :)

Oh there were some good church signs this week:
            "Choosy moms choose Jesus!  Happy Mothers Day!"
            "Life has many choices.  Eternity only has 2.  What's yours?"
            "Wal-Mart is not the only saving place"

And the storage unit place wins again:
            "Every strike brings you closer to a home run"

Love,
Sister Nash

Dollar stores are always the source of great excitement. 
And novelty bandaids :)




art on the side of an old church
just a random photo shoot because we were early to an appointment
This sign is like my life motto. I drink a LOT of milk!
Shoutout to Mickie D's!

On a jaunt to Sam's. I did not buy any grits although they sure have a ton!!
I've 
actually still have never had grits  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment